Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

This was for the Rick St. Dennis MFA September 2014 Progressive Challenge at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick.  Unfortunately, I didn't read the fine print and missed the deadline for posting. I decided I'd post it here anyway.

When I saw the images of Spangles and Captain McSteeme, I thought they could be used for a Hunger Games card for a certain fan I know.  However, the Captain was wearing a hat and had a mustache. I contacted Rick and requested permission to modify the image slightly, removing the hat and mustache.  Rick graciously agreed. The stage is from Make It Crafty.  The scene is supposed to mimic the interview where Katniss demonstrates her flaming dress.  I used Gelly Roll Stardust markers for the fire.  Unfortunately, it doesn't photograph very well, but it is actually very sparkly. The inside sentiment includes a Mockingjay drawing and says, "Happy Birthday, and May the odds be ever in your favor!"

No comments:

Post a Comment