Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

For the family cards, I used a variety of styles and techniques.  The first card is a tri-fold window pane.  Next come some traditional cards for the little girls and Micah. 













I tried some decoupage cards this year.  I was fairly happy with them, but the penguin base would not stay straight.  After lots of tinkering, I replaced it with a punch card.














I have had this Stampin Up stamp set for several years.  I loved the way it looked, but hadn't used it. It's called Holiday Line Up.   This year I scraplifted a Pinterest idea of putting the figures in a police line up.
 I liked the idea of the reindeer getting in trouble for their reindeer games, so I built on that.



I also tried a double-z fold card.  I think it turned out pretty well. I made a few more shaker cards.  The London Bridge image is based on our crazy holiday gift exchange.  This year each person chose a nursery rhyme or fairy tale as the gift suggestion.  My brother selected London Bridge is Falling Down.  I combined several Lavinia Stamp images for the fairy card.









The final card is a tunnel card.  I used several different nativity scene dies, each in slightly different sizes to create some perspective.  This card didn't photograph very well, but I'm very pleased with it.  The technique takes a lot of time, but I think I would be able to make future cards more quickly now that I'm familiar with the technique. 


No comments:

Post a Comment