Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Before I start posting the challenge pictures for this month, I need to catch up with a few family and personal cards.  Somehow I missed posting the card we sent when Micah was born.  I chose this design and saying because the shower was a "Twinkle twinkle little star" theme.  It seemed "A Star is Born" was continuing the theme.


This is Elaine's birthday card.  It was the first time I tried a "screen" card.  Of course most of them are made with three panels so you can use a single 12 x 12 page.  I needed four panels for the four seasons, so I had to accordion-fold two sheets.  That made the finished product pretty bulky.  However, it does stand up really well!  Here's the sentiment side.

I told Damon I would make cards for the veterans in the Labor Day Parade this year.  I made a couple of prototypes that he could take to the 912 Group as samples:




















I thought they would select one design, but they wanted them both.  They also wanted a printed message inside that was fairly long, and they wanted all the group members to be able to sign the cards individually.  That just wouldn't be possible in the 4.25 by 5.5 size, so I modified the design to a 5 x 7.




















We have potentially 40 returning Honor Flight veterans this year.  The 912 Group will include the cards in the goodie bags they have for each vet.  The bags also include a miniature flag display suitable for a desktop or tabletop display with an American flag and a flag for the vet's service branch.  I finished up all 40 cards in time for last week's meeting so they could be signed there.

No comments:

Post a Comment