Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 01, 2014


Today, I have a couple of family cards.  Both are CASEd from Printerest posts. The first is a belated birthday card for Becca.  It uses Mo Manning's Oh My Goodness image of Shirley Temple.  I found a sailboat template for the boat and embellished it with a charm wheel, a craft stick mast and a sticker flag.  The sand is DIY "flowersoft" made from shaving a styrofoam ball. I used wood textured paper for the boat and canvas textured paper for the sails.  With so many paper companies making textured paper now, it's easy to find specialty paper.  I think the textures give the finished project a more authentic look.

The second card is for Ryan and Whitney's wedding.  This is the first card I've made that is basically all die cut.  There are so many brands of dies available now in such beautiful designs--I'm totally hooked on them. I have several bride and groom dies in various sizes.  I love this one from Frantic Stamper because the veil is cut separately.  I used three cuts to make the cathedral length veil that mimics one of the special features of Whitney's dress. The rose window is from Poppy Stamps and the music, fence, and gate are Memory Box.  Although it's barely visible in the picture, I also used the Tim Holtz weathered brick embossing folder for the background so it is vaguely reminiscent of Blessed Sacrament Church.

I also made my first duplicate die purchase--a sure sign that I need intervention to stop buying more.  The good news is that I know someone in one of my internet groups will gladly take the duplicate off of my hands.

1 comment:

  1. Love the stained glass look on the wedding card.

    ReplyDelete